World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry
The E-learning Series for Psychiatrists is available!
Endorsed by the World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry (WFSBP) and accredited by the UEMS-EACCME®, this program will help clinicians:
- Assess and monitor cognitive function in patients with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Identify cognitive impairments in patients with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Implement non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic interventions for the prevention and treatment of cognitive dysfunction in these patients
The World Journal of Biological Psychiatry
The World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry produces a peer reviewed scientific journal that is published 8 times a year.
Founded in 1974 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry is a non-profit, international organization composed of over 60 national societies of biological psychiatry, representing over 4,500 professionals.
As a world authority on biological psychiatry, WFSBP is also highly committed to pioneering and promoting the highest levels of education and dissemination within the field.
With this multitude of countries represented in its worldwide community, the World Federation has built an international network of opinion leaders, the majority of which are key opinion-leaders in the practice of biological psychiatry.
Membership and Service
Ever since its creation in 1974, the aim of WFSBP has been to promote in all countries the attainment of the highest level of knowledge and understanding in the field of Biological Psychiatry. Along the years WFSBP has become the common point where the variety of opinions highly contributes to bringing light to central questions on Psychiatry. As a consequence, WFSBP today gathers thousands of psychiatry related professionals from 102 countries around the world, making it a very enthusiastic and productive organisation.
All WFSBP members receive the following exclusive WFSBP benefits:
- A full year’s subscription (8 issues p.a.) to the World Journal of Biological Psychiatry (listed by the Index Medicus)
- Exclusive access to the members-only section on the Federation’s web site (including on-line access to the World Journal and on-line discussion and debate forums)
- A discounted open access article publishing charge of € 1,000 within the World Journal of Biological Psychiatry
- Special member discounts to attend the federation’s leading international congresses
- Personal listing in the annual members’ directory - your community resource
- The opportunity to become directly involved in WFSBP committees, task forces and leadership
- Election rights to the federation’s Executive Committee
- Alert for the World Journal of Biological Psychiatry
Be part of WFSBP and apply for a membership today!